Decades of Success in Litigation and Mediation.
A founding partner and owner of the law firm Hassett Glasser, P.C., located in Phoenix, Arizona, Myles P. Hassett is an attorney with over 33 years of legal experience. He handles litigations and appeals focusing his practice on professional liability, insurance, professional malpractice and wrongful death. He concentrates his practice in the Phoenix metro area and extends his services across Arizona and California.
Licensed in Arizona and California, Mr. Hassett works on professional liability claims against insurance agents, brokers, lawyers and other professionals. He represents clients in regulatory and licensing matters, including complaints before the Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions and the State Bar of Arizona. He is trained in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) to contest against litigations for his clients.
Graduating with honors, Mr. Hassett completed his undergraduate degree in civil law from the University College Cork, in 1984. He obtained a license to practice as a solicitor from the Law Society of Ireland in 1988.
Finding the need for an unbiased third party, Mr. Hassett established an arbitration-mediation practice named Acordia Dispute Resolution. He presents lectures on topics related to ADR for the State Bar of Arizona, the San Diego County Bar Association, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society and several other organizations.
Mr. Hassett is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and has a “Very Good” rating on Avvo. Owing to his extensive experience as a trial lawyer, he was honored with a membership in the International Society of Barristers in 2020.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- University College Cork, Law Department, Cork
- B.C.L. (Honors) - 1984
- National University of Ireland
- Honors: With Honors
- California, 1990
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Arizona Super Lawyers (Professional Liability Defense)
- First Irish solicitor admitted to practice in the State of Arizona (1988)
- Insurance Agents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Professional Malpractice
- Commercial Insurance
- Brokers Errors and Omissions
- Insurance Coverage
- International Dispute Resolution
- State Bar of Arizona
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of Arizona
- Independent Insurance Agents of Greater Phoenix
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- The Society of Certified Insurance Counselors
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of Tucson
- The Hassett Law Firm, P.L.C., 1997 to 2020
- The Ranger Law Firm, 1988 to 1996
- Ahern Roberts O'Driscoll, 1984 to 1987